Saturday, April 6, 2013

Work in progress Spring 2013

 Here's what I have been working on this Spring in preparation for my upcoming show at the Corrine Woodman Gallery...

Whimsical Sculpture #1
I know, I know, the mouth looks like the sand monster from star wars! I am digging the sexy curve of the vase though and the little sea urchin belly button... Still deciding how to glaze, and what colors. 

Whimsical Sculpture #2
 I haven't decided if it is finished yet, I may go in and add some acrylic paint in some places.  


This piece is the second attempt at the whimsical spiral sculpture after the first one died a tragic death in a risky raku firing incident. Needless to say I won't be attempting to raku this one and instead plan on using underglaze instead. Also intended for my show. 

No comments: